Connecting the Sustainable Development Goals to Rural Communities
The “Connecting the Sustainable Development Goals to Rural Communities” report aims to bring SDGs closer to the private sector’s aspirations to implement real, attainable projects that are directed at beneficiaries. This report presents methods whereby corporates and companies can proactively contribute to governmental interventions aligned with Egypt’s Vision 2030 to support the upgrading of rural communities. It encourages rural development through affordable, inclusive, and high-impact projects, shifting away from disengaged investments that fail to ensure that beneficiaries’ needs and inputs are given the utmost importance. By connecting global development standards to rural communities, the decentralization of impact investment is attainable using an SDG focus that takes development efforts from theory to actuality.
- Highlights how each Sustainable Development Goal can affect Egyptian Rural Communities with a tangible project or initiative.
- Showcases international and local examples of application equating the global and local efforts.
- Easy to read and share among multiple stakeholders.
- Presents a new people-oriented way of applying the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Reaffirms that impact is an indicator of success.
August 10, 2021