Egypt Post Abu Simbel
In collaboration with IFC and Egypt Post, ECOnsult aims to deliver the first EDGE-certified post office multipurpose building near one of Egypt’s most important tourist destinations, Abu Simbel.
The building offers a post office, a museum and retail shops, all surrounding a courtyard that provides a passive solution for the high temperatures of Abu Simbel. The building is designed with the utmost efficiency in the three major categories; energy, water, and material.
Innovative design measures were taken to lower energy consumption by 50%, water by 20% and material by 20% compared with standard buildings. The building delivers a high-quality interior environment and effective thermal insulation, giving employees and customers the best possible indoor experience.
- Low-flow lavatory faucets in kitchens, infrared electronic mixers in bathrooms, and low-flow flush tanks are installed to control water consumption and usage to prevent water losses.
- Accessible ATM for people with disabilities
- High-performance glazing
- LED lighting to reduce energy consumption
- External wall insulation to prevent heat losses
- External louvres for shading
- Bicycle racks to promote emission reduction
- Waste segregation and recycling
- Mechanical exhaust to minimize pollutants inside the building
December 1, 2022