Egypt Post Fares Village
As part of Egypt's vision 2030 framework and Egypt Post's sustainable transformation and community involvement, ECOnsult was commissioned to design the first Egypt Post sustainable post office.
The main goal of this project is to create an interior atmosphere that can adapt to Aswan's rising heat and minimize the environmental impact on the community. Using locally sourced materials, passive design, and vernacular strategies, the building delivers a high-quality interior environment and adequate thermal insulation, providing quality interior spaces for employees and customers.
- Low-flow lavatory faucets in kitchens, infrared electronic mixers in bathrooms, and low-flow flush tanks are installed to control water consumption and usage to prevent water losses.
- Use of local materials with appropriate thermal mass
- Accessible ATM for people with disabilities
- High-performance glazing
- LED lighting to reduce energy consumption
- External wall insulation to prevent heat losses
- External louvres for shading
- Bicycle racks to promote emission reduction
- Waste segregation and recycling
- Mechanical exhaust to minimize pollutants inside the building
December 1, 2022