Linah Farms Community
Linah Farms is a family-owned leading agricultural company that produces and commercialises high-quality dates and other products. Located in the Bahareya Oasis, the company seeks to create a built environment that can mitigate and adapt to the climate emergency and develop healthy, quality spaces for Linah Farms' employees. Linah Farms' master plan aims to complement Linah Farms' Sustainability Strategy 2021-2030, accelerating its green transition process, putting people at the core and nature as a priority.
The master plan is developed following Tarsheed Community Standards, divided into Energy, Water, and Habitat. The proposal prioritises an architectural design that focuses on passive design strategies, reducing the need for mechanical systems and lowering GHG emissions. The strategies aim to be affordable, adaptable, and easy to implement, creating a built environment that has the power to elevate, dignify, and provide a better quality of life for its inhabitants.
- Energy savings
- Reduce the need for mechanical cooling
- Water savings
- Reduction negative environmental impacts
- Passive cooling strategies
- Local materials with high thermal mass to provide insulation
- Reduce heat conductivity using reflective tiles
- Hardscape strategies to reduce water consumption
- Healthy buildings
November 30, 2022